From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com<mailto:john.foliot@deque.com>>
Date: Monday, February 22, 2016 at 12:18
To: "tink@tink.uk<mailto:tink@tink.uk>" <tink@tink.uk<mailto:tink@tink.uk>>, 'Joshue O Connor' <josh@interaccess.ie<mailto:josh@interaccess.ie>>, Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com<mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com>>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org<mailto:w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>>
Subject: RE: Coming to a decision on 2.2

I have a long and ramble-y JF email in my Drafts folder which explains my concerns around this in more detail, but in summary I see the current thinking around something like ‘SC 1.4.3-LV’ versus ‘SC 1.4.3-Mobile’, versus ‘SC 1.4.3-COGA’ (for example) as being quite onerous to manage, especially for entities that seek to conform to more than one user-group’s needs. I also find that using this kind of pattern (SC #.#.# - [affected user group]) as being divisive and fosters a “ghettoization” of both WCAG and the individual Success Criteria, as this is more of a “forking” of WCAG rather than building upon existing Success Criteria that would benefit all users.