RE: Coming to a decision on 2.2

To define elements as core sends a signal that the rest is OK to ignore. Let's keep it simple especially when it comes to COGA.
________________________________
From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: 22 February 2016 01:40
To: Katie Haritos-Shea; CAE-Vanderhe
Cc: John Foliot; David MacDonald; Jason J White; GLWAI Guidelines WG org
Subject: Re: Coming to a decision on 2.2

+1 to that. Are we done yet?...:-)

Ha!  We all wish!

I think the main issue with this language is that is doesn’t seem like it says anything new.  The language of 2.2 is:

Ensure that web pages which conform to WCAG 2.0 with an extension also conform to WCAG 2.0 on its own.

And the suggestion is:

Extensions may provide additional accessibility requirements over and above WCAG2, any requirements provided by an extension must also satisfy the original WCAG 2.0.

The text that we are trying to address here is the line in the example which addresses the  points about changing the priority level of an SC, adding a SC, and this last one is speaking to the changing of existing SC text.  This is something that the group wanted to allow, so we are trying to offer an example that helps make this clear.  I don’t think that this text accomplishes that.

AWK