Re: Should G83: "Providing text descriptions to identify required fields that were not completed" reference 3.3.2?

Hi Andrew,
I am confused by your  "This may be where we disagree.  I think that
the visual presence of “required” is part of the passing of 3.3.2"
following your example #1:
"<label for=“fn”>First name</label>(required)<input type=“text”
id=“fn”> — 1.3.1 issue, 3.3.2 ok"
and your statement:
"Yes, but to pass 3.3.2 you don’t necessarily need to have the label
be programmatically associated with the control.  1.3.1 requires that
the equivalent information be available programmatically, but If I had
this, I believe it would pass 3.3.2 and fail 1.3.1:

Also, please can you also  respond  to my comments in the last email about:
- using only HTML5 "required"   or aria-required=true without a visual cue
- why other techniques like G85 or SCR18 or ARIA2 do not include 3.3.2
as applicable SC and the need to make G83 consistent with those
techniques?

Thanks a lot,
Sailesh Panchang