Re: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

>>In a responsive site you would not get a link to a ‘desktop’ version.

I think this is very common.  I have seen and evaluated many mobile sites
with a link at the bottom of the page that says "Desktop version" and it
just serves up the same URL, without the breakpoint for mobile.

>>>In my mind this is already covered by the concept of accessibility
supported, as small/touch screen devices are common, therefore should be
included.

I wish I could agree with you... this is what I want, I want it to be
already covered. I don't believe it is.

I have an action item to ask other old timers to WCAG their opinions. But
here is my thinking. If the page has just ONE, WCAG conforming view, then
it passed WCAG. Someone can claim conformance to WCAG and in their internal
conformance statement say "accessibility supported for us means JAWS and
IE, and a 22" desktop monitor". This stack meets the accessibility support
requirements of WCAG. But they have met any law or judge that requires this
site meet WCAG.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*