Re: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

I've put up a proposal to add Note 8 to the definition of Conforming
Alternative Version. I think Jason had it right when he said the small and
large screen versions that have different menus, less content, etc... don't
have the same functionality. I don't think we have to "change" WCAG if that
is true. The proposed note formalizes that.

​       ​
Note 8: If pages that are optimized for small screen have different
functionality from pages optimized for large screen, such as a changed menu
mechanism, or less content, or simplified interface, etc. the two views do
not have the same functionality and therefore cannot be used as conforming
alternatives for each other.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_Conformance_Criteria_4

This simple note solves the issue for me. I'm wondering what other think.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*
Tel:  613.235.4902