From: David MacDonald
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:08 PM
To: John Foliot
Cc: Patrick H. Lauke; WCAG; public-mobile-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

>>>David, can you provide us with an example of this use-case? I would like to understand how a change in viewport size would affect a blind person.

​They will be on their mobile device, and not likely have a keyboard.​ Swiping through a mega menu designed for a desktop site with VoiceOver is a degraded experience when the mobile menu has been optimized for the mobile experience for sighted users...
The other consideration is that most blind people have some sight and use it in conjunction with VoiceOver, and using VoiceOver without using their sight because the desktop view is too small for them, is a degraded experience for them.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Tel:  613.235.4902