Re: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

>>>As well, what of sites that are NOT responsive? Sites that are
'optimised' for a desktop, and/but that view is also what is served up to
tablets and cell phones? Are you suggesting that we fail content authors
for not creating responsive designs today? (I don't think so, but want to
check any assumptions early.) David referenced the definition of *conforming
alternative* in WCAG 2.0 (
https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#conforming-alternate-versiondef), and I will
point out the following as well:

In WCAG, we consider the difference between a usability issue and an
accessibility issue, is whether an issue disproportionally affects people
with disabilities. If an organization doesn't have a mobile view, then
everyone is punished, and it is very rare these days, but we won't require
it because it affects ALL users.

But if they DO propvide a mobile site then it should be accessible.

Honestly, John and Patrick, I can't really understand why we are having
this conversation about not requiring Mobile sites to be accessible...
that's one of the major reasons for a 2.1.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*
Tel:  613.235.4902