Re: Re[2]: Help needed with numbering success criteria for WCAG 2.1

Hi John and Eric

I think you've both found preference in the simple solution which also
appeals to me:

Stick with x.x.x numbering scheme, its perfect for SCs under new
guidelines, and new SCs under 1.1, 1.3 and 4.1.
It may be that most of the new SCs will fit in these scenarios.

For new SCs  under Guidelines 1.2, 1.4, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3,
3.4 we can put a x.x.x at the end of the existing SCs.

John is right that most bug tracking systems don't put SCs in order, and
most audits don't evaluate for AAA. So functionally, in reports the 3
letter scheme will cause little disruption. We can have two views in the
How To Meet (1) SCs in order of number (2) SCs in order of level.

This way we keep our 3 letter schema, unless a new SC is truly a sub of
another SC which could have a 4 letter schema x.x.x.x

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*
Tel:  613.235.4902