Re: Principle 4 - Robust (was Re: Help needed with numbering success criteria for WCAG 2.1)

On 27/06/2016 00:43, White, Jason J wrote:
> [Jason] I agree. However, there's further scope for promoting layout
> which is responsive to the dimensions of the viewport, and we should
> address it with success criteria to the extent that it serves
> accessibility needs. "Don't require users with low vision to scroll
> horizontally in order to read text" is a theme that emerges
> repeatedly, and with justification.

I agree as well. Of course my example wasn't exhaustive. Despite your
use of "However..." I think we're in agreement then about the need to
cover that particular ground (having things that adapt to different
viewport sizes, orientations, etc). The original question is still if
these SCs are best suited under Principle 1 or under a modified
Principle 4 that expands the meaning of "robust" to not be purely about
machine-readable/"mechanical" robustness but to cover softer sides of
"robust" to also mean "adaptable", or if these concepts are a good fit
under existing Guideline 1.3 Adaptable. Tending more towards the latter
now (which may make my original question moot).

Patrick H. Lauke