RE: Re[2]: acceptance criteria for new success criteria

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:32 AM

Jason,
The standard for inclusion is that the working group has consensus on it. You can debate 8 of 10 or 5 of 10 or whatever, but unless the group reaches consensus it doesn’t matter.

The standard for inclusion is that the working group reaches consensus regarding (1) the standard to be adopted in deciding what should be included as success criteria and (2) whether a given proposal meets this tandard.

Historically, this working group has treated (1) and (2) as distinct questions. I agree with those who say that in developing version 2.1, question (1), which includes the high inter-rater reliability requirement that 8 out of 10 raters would generally apply a criterion similarly (see my earlier contribution for a more precise statement), shouldn’t be reopened.

Thank you for your compliance.