RE: Re[2]: acceptance criteria for new success criteria

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2016 1:54 PM

I think a 2.1 does not need to redefine testable. A high inter reliability rating. Personalization is powerful, but it is in it's infancy and I don't see currently how we we could require it in a 2.1. If there was a framework ready to go, available, and inexpensive to implement, I would say "yes" let's require it.
However, we may be able to require a smaller subset of personalization and identify perhaps things like not over riding the users ability to choose colour schemes with their AT or browser, or OS. etc...

To clarify my earlier contributions to this discussion, I’m not suggesting that personalization should be required, but instead thinking carefully about how support for it can be integrated into future work. Whether it should be required in a general accessibility specification or in policy is a question that I would rather postpone until we know how to do the personalizing effectively and what the most important individual needs/preferences are which should be conveyed to Web applications.

Thank you for your compliance.