RE: WCAG proposal for discussion

From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gregg@raisingthefloor.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 3:01 PM

4) (Broken record alert)  I continue to worry that we are / will throw away 90% of the good work we do because it isn’t measurable and generally applicable ( all content types and all technologies) because we decided that SCs are the only really valuable things.     I think SCs will prove to be VERY hard to create and that we will cry as we see how many great topics don’t qualify.

  *   I would much rather we work on gathering all that we know, whether testable or not, and publishing it as a note on ‘how to make web content accessible to XXXXX  (e.g. people wth cognitive, language, and learning disabilities)
  *   and then - see which parts of our advice might qualify as SC changes.
  *   rather than focus on just the SC first — and keep moaning as we watch so much good advice and knowledge be cut away and discarded because it isnt testable - or generally applicable - or another requirement of an SC.

+1 to this suggestion to publish in note form whatever cannot be transformed into high-qulity success criteria in a timely manner, if at all.

Thank you for your compliance.