Re: SC for 'real' text over a busy background image

this is correct

The contrast provisions usually solves your problem.

In order to have sufficient contrast - you have to fade the picture (toward white or black)  sufficiently to meet the contrast requirement — when this is done - it is so faded that it doesnt usually interfere.

(We also advise that you have NO text over complex background)

gregg