RE: New SC relating to notifications of content change (was Re: Some thinking around the orientation discussion)

Yes, the above would be my preferred direction to take.

>Or "a mechanism is available to notify users..."?

With some refinement, this is also a possibility.

It should also be remembered that serious proposals for an accessibility API  that would be available to JavaScript applications via the user agent have been advanced. ARIA may not always be the mechanism by which the notification occurs. Thus the need for general language is real, not just a matter of principle and designing for unknown possibilities which may arise in the future.

I don't have a good criterion for identifying the changes which are important, so I can't yet put forward a proposal.

Thank you for your compliance.