Re: Re: In WCAG NEXT let's put a date field on failures

>WCAG's job is to select neutral yet understandable terminology to describe
the elements of written language that must separate meaning from
presentation when they are represented on a computer.

I would say that is [mostly] true about the SCs, but the techniques and
failures can and should be technology specific... the biggest complaint
I've come agross is that WCAG is too abstract... but when people see the
techniques and failures they say "Oh I get it, I need to use <label for="">
"... or "oh I see, I failed this because I didn't have <th> at the top of
my column"

But we had to introduce a layer of abstraction in the normative SCs in
order to be technology agnostic... I think we've done a half decent job of
that... and hopefully will maintain that spirit in 2.1

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*
Tel:  613.235.4902