Re: Do icons fall under - 1.3.3 question for shapes/icons alone that are used everywhere now but were not back in 2008

On the mobile task force the only mention we have so far is in the proposed
new SC 2.5.3 Accidental Activation. which doesn't directly address this
issue.
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposed_revision_of_2.5.3#Proposed_2.5.3

In the understanding it says that long presses can be used but their
functionality must be available by another mechanism also because some
people have trouble leaving their hand in one place for a while. we may
want to add something specific about long presses, and we probably need
more research about what kinds of problems people with disabilities have
with them. They may be OK....in which case we might what to use the context
menu as the place to provide the visible accessible name for an icon...

So we don't have anything besides that about long press currently.