RE: Authoring tools and WAI guidelines (was RE: Straw man list for WCAG.NEXT, another proposal...)

I think this kind of work is fundamentally important. I doubt that libraries and frameworks are authoring tools in themselves, but they are widely used components designed to be used as part of an application.

For purposes of "education and outreach", the message to application developers is to take care in choosing libraries/frameworks; and to library/framework developers, it is to support the creation of WCAG-conformant applications and to implement WAI-ARIA.

I also agree that library/framework documentation should address accessibility appropriately.

Is there anything more that the W3C should be doing in this area?

Thank you for your compliance.