Re: Straw man list for WCAG.NEXT, another proposal...

I think ATAG and UAAG are great standards that are moving the bar forward.
Eclypse, Sublime, Dreamweaver, Visual Studio are incorporating many of ATAG
requirements. The ARIA spec is built onto auto complete for example...

ATAG and UAAG have new versions fresh off the press thanks to your hard
work and many other volunteers. They are mature documents that have a small
audience, (about 10 browsers, and 200 or so authoring tools) but that small
audience affects millions of users. I'd love to see ATAG and UAAG required
by law. I'm guessing the authoring tools are seeing that as a possibility,
because currently, I think every major authoring tool has hired an
accessibility director or has enlisted outside support or has a committee
that is looking at ATAG. This includes Facebook, LinkedIN, Twitter,
Wordpress, Drupal, Microsoft, Adobe, SAP, Oracle, etc... these tools and
companies cover about 80% (?) of all authored content on the web...

HTML5 has a section for Browsers and a section for authors, maybe we can
adopt that model going forward.... but I thought that is what WAI has
always done... had three tracks Authors, user agents and authoring tools.

I believe since our group will be the only one still chartered, we will
fully explore the integration of UAAG and ATAG for WCAG 3, which is related
to what used to be called WAI2020... it's a long term project.

In the meantime we have 3 task forces who have identified gaps in WCAG 2
... Should we not proceed with a 2.x which incorporates their
recommendations?

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*