Re: Issue 171

As I indicated previously I am against this proposal as it implies that
header/footer/nav require programmatic conveyance of structure.
Where text headers are present to indicate such a structure then semantic
headers or alternatives would be required. Otherwise, I don't recall any
mention of such a requirement before landmarks came on the scene. I also
don't recall any particular technique which was employed for this purpose
before landmarks, meaning that there were no accessible sites before
landmarks. I also didn't find any such markup on the w3c home page for the
header and the footer.