From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: Friday, April 1, 2016 6:23 PM
To: jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com; ALAN SMITH <alands289@gmail.com>; WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: 1.3.1 question

Focusing in on the specific question, do people agree or disagree that landmarks are required to meet 1.3.1?  Would google.com (or other sites with a footer area that is shown presentationally) fail 1.3.1 if they don’t provide landmarks?

Thanks,

AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick

Group Product Manager, Accessibility