From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 9:53 PM
To: Hoffman, Allen
Cc: Wayne Dick; Joshue O Connor; WCAG
Subject: Re: Method for minting new Success Criteria

Hi Allen

 I think the Success Criteria describe a state of being... over time the conditions which cause that state of being can shift to a certain degree. For instance, as AT gets smarter, we found it not necessary to fail layout tables, just recently we made a major change that allowed the title attribute or aria label to be an alternative for an image instead of alt text.
To me mapping to existing success criteria should be our first line of investigation and only after a thorough exploration of that should we consider new Success Criteria inside an extension.
We want to make the existing WCAG as robust and modern as possible and leverage it's place in legislation etc...

Cheers,

David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

Tel:  613.235.4902