Re: Using more robust failures to support existing SCs

I am concerned about using failures because the entire Understanding
document is informative. The problem with missing support from WCAG 2.0 is
that there is insufficient normative language to  support the accessibility
needs of undeserved disabilities. There are very specific needs that may be
covered by WCAG 2.0 with re-interpretation success criteria, but the
problem with interpretation is that it can be changed without sufficient
review.

We have task forces because WCAG 2.0 left major groups out. If the rules
could be misinterpreted to leave these disability groups out, then we need
normative language to make it clear that there are user requirements that
are necessary to those disability groups. The language must be normative to
discourage retraction.

Wayne