From: Jonathan Avila [mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 4:45 PM
To: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com>; 'Phill Jenkins' <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>; 'Wayne Dick' <waynedick@knowbility.org>
Cc: 'GLWAI Guidelines WG org' <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; 'WAI Interest Group' <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Level AA exceptions

*  This is what I had in my slide info that you reacted to:
Conformance Claims:  Are optional, and, there are NO plans to require Conformance Claims in the New 508 Standards.

And I said in my reaction – don’t forget about the conformance requirements – meaning that while your statement was true it might be incomplete as beyond A, AA the Access Board did specifically say the conformance requirements must be addressed so we need to remind the community that these exist.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer

703-637-8957 (o)
Good, because I agree with you!...:-) Conformance and conformance claim ARE two different things.

This is what I had in my slide info that you reacted to:
Conformance Claims:  Are optional, and, there are NO plans to require Conformance Claims in the New 508 Standards.

​​​​​

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Senior Accessibility SME (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)