Re: SC 1.4.5 Images of Text and exceptions

From discussions at the time

if you can do with with style sheets — then you would (clearly) violate it if you didn’t.

If you are using HTML and can’t do what you want with style sheets (or some other available and supported styling/programmatically-determinable technology — then the exception would apply

Gregg