Re: Enabling Zoom on Mobile Devices

Thanks
this is quite interesting and valuable.

Please note that Zoom compatibility is always an acceptable approach - so except where the author breaks zoomability — their content will pass.
IT would be good to document known ways to break zoom.
These would not be failures (because the page might meet the SC in other ways)
but it would be good to have a place where people can easily find things that would inadvertently break zoom so they can avoid them.
Even better would be to document other ways that achieve the same results and that do NOT break zoom
Is there an accessibility consulting house that would like to collect and post these on their website as a service to the field (and an example of their knowledge and prowess?)

Also note that WCAG working group chose to not change (or write) the WCAG guidelines to work around bugs in Assistive technologies.   If the technique works with assistive technologies that are properly designed but not other AT that is not - the group did not want to punish web authors by making them do extra work in their software to make up for bad AT.

gregg