From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 11:00 AM
To: Jonathan Avila
Cc: Sailesh Panchang; Andrew Kirkpatrick; Alastair Campbell; Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group
Subject: Re: Placeholder behavior

On 7 October 2014 15:52, Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com<mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>> wrote:
IMO something that is used for fallback purposes cannot be relied upon to provide an accessible name for conformance.  Thus, I think our overall message is confusing to people.

that is the difference between WCAG conformance and defining how an accessible name is calculated by browsers.

--

Regards

SteveF
HTML 5.1<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/>