Re: Broken Links and Redirects in Understanding and Techniques

Dear Stefan,

Below follow some clarifications. Maybe the wording of my email was not
very clear.

On 09/08/2014 09:05 AM, Schnabel, Stefan wrote:
> Dear Carlos,
>
> I was referring to free validation service in http://validator.w3.org
> and this is no assertion, it is fact, that the plain entry W3C online
> service is not capable to do that. Please prove me wrong or show me a
> setting I may have missed.

That is true. I did not say the contrary.

> If you speak of the W3C Validator Suite
> https://validator-suite.w3.org/) as " Our tool suite ",  I'd like to
> state the following:

No, I am not referring to the W3C suite. I am not a W3C employee, so I
cannot answer your questions.

I meant the *Web Compliance Suite imergo* developed by us, Fraunhofer FIT.
Our tools *do* support validation of the rendered generated DOM, and we
*do* support (X)HTML validation and HTML5 validation, including ARIA.

My comment was addressed to the fact that you do not need a browser to
do validation or accessibility testing of the rendered DOM. With the
integration of an appropriate rendering engine and a crawler you can
even test a whole web site, like we (Fraunhofer FIT) do for our customers.

--
Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Saludos,
carlos

Dr Carlos A Velasco
   Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
   Web Compliance Center: http://imergo.com/ · http://imergo.de/
   Schloss Birlinghoven, D53757 Sankt Augustin (Germany)
   Tel: +49-2241-142609 · Fax: +49-2241-1442609