From: jens.meiert@gmail.com [mailto:jens.meiert@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jens O. Meiert
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 4:59 AM
To: Janina Sajka; W3C WAI GL
Subject: Re: Usefulness of language annotations

> But, perhaps it's a matter of the ne plus
> ultra of one's weltanschauung?

You’re simply writing nonsense, on a thread that expects English. No @lang would have saved you here, and you instead just proved how detection of language affects everyone, and how we all survive without marking up changes in language.

Anyone on the list, open any book and you will see how foreign language is not marked up or explained either. It is not because “abled” users know everything. It is not to exclude the “disabled.” It is simply because, that's how we work with language. You understand or you don’t. Nobody is suing our publishers for failing to mark every change in language, FOR IT IS NOT A PROBLEM.

And so for marking up languages one can well say, just because you can doesn’t mean you should (or must). Like marking up document language, it must be considered optional, a bonus.

And with that I conclude.

PS.
Janina, your style of arguing is terrible. It really sucks. As if volume made up for reason.

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/