From: Hoffman, Allen [mailto:allen.hoffman@hq.dhs.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:39 AM
To: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL; 'Jens O. Meiert'; 'W3C WAI GL'
Cc: 'Richard Ishida'; 'John Foliot'; 'Janina Sajka'
Subject: RE: Usefulness of language annotations

I don’t believe I’ve seen OS language preferences changed due to content language attributes.

This would not be something that would work in practice—could then change your keyboard, other options without you wanting such.  Generally that kind of configuration has to remain under end-user control.

Allen Hoffman

Deputy Executive Director

The Office of Accessible Systems & Technology

Department of Homeland Security

202-447-0503 (voice)

allen.hoffman@hq.dhs.gov <mailto:allen.hoffman@hq.dhs.gov>

DHS Accessibility Helpdesk

202-447-0440 (voice)

202-447-0582 (fax)

202-447-5857 (TTY)

accessibility@dhs.gov <mailto:accessibility@dhs.gov>

This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain sensitive and legally privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please reply immediately to the sender and delete this message.  Thank you.