WCAG-ISSUE-29 (SC and Guideline Jumble): Presentation of Guidelines and Success Criteria in Understanding Docs

From: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:39:09 +0000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
WCAG-ISSUE-29 (SC and Guideline Jumble): Presentation of Guidelines and Success Criteria in Understanding Docs

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/29

Raised by: Joshue O Connor
On product:

The SC for Time Based media, refers to "Time-based Media: Understanding Guideline 1.2" and all of the 1.x items are guidelines and the 1.1.x or 1.2.x are Success Criteria. [1]

Looking at how the other Guidelines and SCs are presented the two things (Guidelines and SCs) are jumbled up. No wonder it is hard to understand the difference - so I think in future this is something we can work on disambiguating and making clearer in future versions.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/media-equiv.html