Made a list of WCAG techniques to HTML5

Thanks Mark...

Describedby works on a link in NVDA but for some reason JAWS repeats the
heading twice in IE, and doesn't work in JAWS with Firefox... on the other
hand aria label doesn't work in NVDA, yet.

The reason I recommend aria label is that the aria label text replaces the
anchor link text in the links list dialogue box which is a real bonus for
JAWS users... now they can use their tradition list of links are identify
the right one... not so with aria describedby.  I dropped a couple of text
files after the table.
http://davidmacd.com/WCAG/wcag-html5-techniques-review.html

 We don't have an ARIA describedby example on a link in the WCAG techniques
yet.

ARIA-labelledby is also sufficient Aria7 , is that then you have to put an
id also on the anchor element itself and reference both the anchor element
and the heading... because there is concern that a blind user could not
identify the link text if someone refers to it... but it certainly
sufficient if both refernces are used... just a little confusing and
finicky for webmasters who might scratch their head at the aria

Cheers,

David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidmacdonald100>

www.Can-Adapt.com

*  Adapting the web to all users*

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy
policy<http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html>