RE: introductions - Liddy Nevile

An interesting topic! I've heard it argued that AfA is a wonderful way to support Universal Design. I don't quite buy it, but I see the two working together without a conflict. If UD is done well, the AfA is less often needed.. UD principles I think apply great for the physical world, but don't always fit nicely into working on computers. Software just needs to be designed for expert usage -- highly customized interfaces designed for maximum efficiency, not maximum access. That said, we should always be striving for the best UD we can, and when that no longer fits the needs of the individual, AfA can kick in and adjust the design for the needs of the user.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshue O Connor [mailto:joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 4:30 AM
To: Liddy Nevile
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: introductions - Liddy Nevile

Liddy Nevile wrote:
[...]
> I have an interest in what we now call AccessForAll accessibility -
> the matching of an individual's needs and preferences with the
> accessibility characteristics of a resource.

Thanks for the intro. I'm curious as to where you see AccessForAll (as a
paradigm) in relation to Universal Design?

Josh

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information.  It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it fromyour system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.