Re: WCAG-EM - Working Draft - Pre-Publication Draft

Hi Loretta,

On 4.2.2014 16:11, Loretta Guarino Reid wrote:
> I agree with Kerstin that last public Working Draft is a significant step

Yes, and I sincerely hope we all succeed in this step.

> that communicates that the Working Group / Task Force believes the current
> version is complete and ready for publication.

If it is complete and ready for publication then I sure hope we should
publish it! :) Are you thinking of the Proposed Recommendation stage?

We want to communicate that this draft is stable and that we want final
input on refining it. This can include changing or removing the scoring
section, which would not have significant impact on the methodology.

> Shadi, although you did mention on the call that you hoped this would be
> the final draft, this seems like a shift in status from what we reviewed.

I understand that it may seem this way but when put in context I think
it is quite a natural (and healthy) progression of the document. We
provided an Editor Draft for review by three (!) Working Groups. Based
on the survey results and group discussions we concluded that the
document is mature enough to suggest publication as an intended final
draft. The responsible groups resolved to agree to such publication.

> Kerstin, I'd just recommend (re)submitting your comments on the draft.

Yes, please do! Ideally with new and constructive arguments.

Best,
   Shadi