RE: [html-techs-tf] caption vs alt

Joshue O Connor wrote:
> I suggest trying a couple of examples that present the use of <figcaption> without the use
> of @alt, as Steve points out in HTML5 an image without an alt attribute is allowed in cases
> where <figcaption> text is present.

Ok, I'll try that, thanks. The HTML5 spec (that Steve referenced) has examples already, presumably I can use something similar and reference Understanding SC 1.1.1 to say what alt text should be like.

I have to say I'm not very comfortable with the underlying assumptions, I can see it causing confusion for authors and tool-makers, but perhaps having a technique in front of us will make that more apparent.

Cheers,

-Alastair