Re: About proposed 'conforming alternative version' technique

Hi,

Sorry for jumping in with little context but we've been looking at
"conforming alternative versions" fairly closely for WCAG-EM.

Is the suggestion to replace the current technique or rather to add
another one for when responsive design is used?

Also, there is sometimes mismatch in the WCAG 2.0 documentation on
"conforming alternative version" for an entire web page versus for
individual components on a web page. Sometimes the text is not very
clear on whether it refers to web pages that are intended to be the
alternative to other non-conforming web pages, or whether components are
intended to be alternative to other non-conforming components (for
example, video without captions that has an alternative version with
caption). It think some clarifications in the Understanding document and
maybe additional Techniques would help make this clearer.

Best,
   Shadi