RE: WCAG-ISSUE-23 (DavidMacD): We should consider a new "Failure to provide role=presentation on a layout table"

OK, makes sense.
Doesn’t fail any of those.

From: Jonathan Avila [mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 2:49 PM
To: Hoffman, Allen; David MacDonald; rcorominas@technosite.es
Cc: WCAG; Jared Smth
Subject: RE: WCAG-ISSUE-23 (DavidMacD): We should consider a new "Failure to provide role=presentation on a layout table"

>  Just out of curiosity, if this is within the HTML5 spec why isn’t this considered as a valid code failure?
Because SC 4.1.2 doesn’t require valid HTML code  -- it only requires specific criteria be met:

In content implemented using markup languages, elements have complete start and end tags, elements are nested according to their specifications, elements do not contain duplicate attributes, and any IDs are unique, except where the specifications allow these features.

Jonathan