Re: aria label on a div alternative text for background images.

Hi Ramon and Jonathan...

I'm hearing you say, some low vision users will be turning off their CSS,
or changing it, and therefore any CSS images that convey meaning will be
lost unless there is a visual text replacement. I'm hearing Ramon say that
further to that, even CSS background images that are decorative mess up
colour foreground/background adjustments. Do I have that right Ramon?

We currently don't have an explicit failure for providing CSS background
images for content if there is a text alternative, would either of you like
to propose a failure.

I'm having a hard time mapping it to any current failure. I'd say we
haven't done much in WCAG 2 to ensure flexibility with colours. There is
only one failure I know of. http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/F24.html  and
that is for 1.4.3.

Ps Ramon... I posted the wrong example earlier it here's.
http://davidmacd.com/test/aria-label-on-div-surrounding-text.html

Cheers,

David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidmacdonald100>

www.Can-Adapt.com

*  Adapting the web to all users*

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy
policy<http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html>