RE: Is the Alt Attribute Dead? - Article on Updated F65

Jonathan,

I did not know that you were the author of this article; please accept my
apologies for that.

We need to be very careful with our wording, especially WG members. You were
very clear about accessibility support being needed.

But I, personally, would be more comfortable with being very clear about
exactly what kind of non-text content F65 is discussing by using text more
in line with the failure text, such as using "A primary change is the
allowance of new methods other than the alt attribute for non-text elements
for images or on images." (or of type "image")  and/or "Website teams now
have greater flexibility to provide text alternatives for non-text content
for images or on images." (or of type "image")

This will certainly stir up the discussion...:-)

My language was perhaps too strong; I regret wording it as I did. Forgive
me?

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Senior Accessibility SME (WCAG/Section 508/ADA), Standards QA Architect
JPMC dCE eCAT

JPMC Digital | Wilmington, DE |  <mailto:Katie.Haritos-Shea@Chase.com>
Katie.Haritos-Shea@Chase.com | Office: 302-282-1439 | Ext: 21439 | Cell:
703-371-5545 |  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/katieharitosshea/> LinkedIn