Re: Aria-labelledby for form controls- examples

Please see inline starting with JN:

On 9/10/2013 7:54 AM, Sailesh Panchang wrote:
> Please review:
> Aria-labelledby for form controls
> http://mars.dequecloud.com/demo/form-markup.htm#tech5
JN: I believe this is no different from
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Using_aria-labelledby_to_concatenate_a_label_from_several_text_nodes#Example_2:_A_simple_data_table_with_text_inputs

Is there anything I am missing that the example in the current technique
doesn't have?

> http://mars.dequecloud.com/demo/form-markup.htm#tech7
JN: We certainly need a role=group technique to cover this use case.
Would someone like to volunteer to write this?

> http://mars.dequecloud.com/demo/form-markup.htm#tech9
JN: I think this example needs modification and then could fit nicely
into the Using aria-labelledby to concatencate multiple text nodes case.
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Using_aria-labelledby_to_concatenate_a_label_from_several_text_nodes#Example_2:_A_simple_data_table_with_text_inputs>
As it stands there is no indication to AT that checking the checkbox
does a compare operation so the labelledby needs to point to the header
and the checkbox label and not just the header.

Regards,
James