From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]
Sent: January-25-13 9:31 AM
To: Sailesh Panchang
Cc: WCAG; w3c-wai-pf@w3.org
Subject: Re: SUGGESTIONS ON LABELLEDBY

FYI

This markup is incorrect

<ul role="navigation" aria-label="secondary">

navigation is not an allowed role on ul [1]

Its use overrides the list role. it doesn't become a navigation list.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/dom.html#sec-implicit-aria-sema
ntics

I agree that providing examples of role=heading use for HTML is unecessary
and counter productive as there is no situation that I can think of where a
HTML heading could not be used.

regards
SteveF