W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > January to March 2013

Re: [html-techs-tf] Agenda Jan 7, 2013

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 17:43:02 +0000
Message-ID: <50EB0926.8080006@cfit.ie>
To: "Gunderson, Jon R" <jongund@illinois.edu>
CC: James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>, "w3c-wai-pf@w3.org Formats" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi y'all,

Here are the minutes of todays call. Thanks to Adam for scribing. [1]

Cheers

Josh

[1] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/07-html-techs-tf-minutes.html

HTML Techniques Task Force

07 Jan 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Joshue, +49.404.318.aaaa, adam_solomon, James_Nurthen, Marc_Johlic
Regrets
Chair
Joshue
Scribe
adam
Contents

Topics
next steps in submitting techniques to the wider group
Summary of Action Items
<Joshue> planning for the year
<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/ARIA
next steps in submitting techniques to the wider group

joshua: 19 techniques in aria are ready for review, what are next steps?
loretta: need to get them into a survey before the working group
joshua: clearly labeled "ready for review" in wiki
... html5 - very little ready
loretta: someone should go through at support for these techniques
joshua: suggest technique authors can update at support
detlev: can test AT on loretta's techniques
james: will look at david's techniques
... which AT needs to be tested?
joshua: suggest wiki page to outline specific AT support
detlev: mozilla with nvda
james: nvda not frequently used
<Joshue> ACTION: Josh to create wiki page to outline testing methodology 
and user agent suite/browser combinations for ARIA techniques. [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/07-html-techs-tf-minutes.html#action01]
marc: agree with detlev - nvda is vastly improved
<Detlev> I tested my own techniques: overview page is here: 
http://3needs.org/en/testing/sr-aria.html
detlev: though settings can effect at support - still it is generally 
straightforward process
james: need to know the at well so that bad settings won't give the 
impression that there is no support
detlev: therefore need to document the testing process accurately
loretta: would like to present techniques on this weeks survey
... multiple label techniques for 1.1.1 - perhaps change titles
agreed to adjust titles to be able to infer from the title alone what 
the context is
loretta: will try for 1.1.1 techniques in next survey
loretta, joshua: smaller chunked surveys make sense
loretta: label techniques bundled in one survey so that group can 
determine how to separate these techniques
<Detlev> makes sense
loretta: will try for labelledby techs this week
suggestion to send labelledby techs before the group for review (3 or 4)
resoution: send labelledby techniques before thr group
<Joshue> ACTION: Loretta to create first surveys of aria-labelledby 
techniques [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2013/01/07-html-techs-tf-minutes.html#action02]
Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Josh to create wiki page to outline testing methodology 
and user agent suite/browser combinations for ARIA techniques. [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/07-html-techs-tf-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Loretta to create first surveys of aria-labelledby 
techniques [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2013/01/07-html-techs-tf-minutes.html#action02]

[End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 7 January 2013 17:43:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 January 2013 17:43:58 GMT