From: adam.solomon2@gmail.com
To: jared@webaim.org
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 7:51:18 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: aria alternative for fieldset legend

Thanks - that's what I was looking for

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Jared Smith < jared@webaim.org > wrote:

If a higher level description of the radio button group is not
present, then there's no need for a fieldset/legend. As you note, all
would be at the same disadvantage.

If a visible 'legend' is present and fieldset/legend markup is not
possible, you could use the ARIA radiogroup role with a label that
references this legend text. This should function identical to its
HTML equivalent.

<input ... >

Jared