Re: aria alternative for fieldset legend

In a situation where the client refuses to have a legend and is relying on
the implicit context of the radio buttons themselves (though a legend
should have been present), I was hoping an aria attribute might work
instead of a legend or for that matter anything hidden (though now that I
think of it maybe I don't need anything at all since sighted users are at
the same disadvantage).