Re: Firefox extension that enables keyboard navigation of WAI-ARIA landmarks

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:47:14 +0000
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: David Todd <dltodd@us.ibm.com>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, wai-pf-pf@w3.org
Hi Steve,

> have you thought about adding support for HTML5 elements that have implicit
> role mappings to landmarks?

Just to keep you in the loop. In the WCAG/HTML techniques WG we have
been discussing the idea of developing plugins that can demonstrate use
cases for ARIA that go beyond those who use AT such as screen readers.
We are in need of plugins like David has developed in order to
demonstrate this. A plugin to make Landmarks keyboard accessible is the
beginning, we hope to expand on this as our work developing HTML and
ARIA techs for WCAG continues.

If you have any ideas, we'd love to hear them or even better if you want
to get more involved.

Cheers

Josh