RE: abindex technique

1. Agree - if you can provide a specific example (maybe something from an existing site) that would be great.
2. the script in example 3 (namely "$('#divDialog').show();") will turn display:none into display:block.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sailesh Panchang [mailto:spanchang02@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:19 PM
To: 'WCAG'
Subject: Re: abindex technique

Two points:
1. I too believe adding tabindex=0 to paragraphs is not a good idea ... simply to make them tab-navigable, like the one in example#2.
Yet, it may be useful for  a line or two of instructions placed between form controls with tabindex=0.  Non-sighted AT users might not skip over the instructions then.
2. In example#3, is it not important to turn off display:none when the alert-dialog is activated? This instruction is omitted in the example I think.
Refer: <div id="divDialog" style="display: none">
Thanks,
Sailesh Panchang