Re: Javascript fallbacks for drop down menus

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 05:12:51PM -0400, David MacDonald wrote:

> Wondering about other's opinions on fallbacks for inaccessible Javascript
> drop down menus, where the top of the menu is a normal link, but the
> dropdown items below them are not accessible. However, all the links in the

 I'd say that's the wrong way around. Make sure the menu, ie. the list of links,
 is accessible, then apply the JS. The "old way", in other words.

> in WCAG ... But of course Longdesc provides an alternative for the image on
> another page and in that respect is a precedent for providing a fallback at

 Now, I don't know the background for this discussion, but:

 The longdesc attribute does not provide an *alternative* for the image, but
 rather a verbose *description* of it - in a hyperlinked document.

--
 Tina Holmboe            Greytower Technologies          www.greytower.net
  CEO                    Quality and Accessibility       www.sitesifter.co.uk

  blog.greytower.net     www.twitter.com/GreytowerTech