Re: HTML-A11Y TF Text Subteam Request

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 01:37:48 +0200
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>, Joshue O'Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>, Protocols and Formats Working Group WG <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, HTMLAccessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Steve Faulkner, Wed, 4 Apr 2012 13:55:43 +0100:

Thanks for your answers! Regarding this:

>  "But I still wonder about aria-describedBY pointing to a invisible
> region: If activation of describedBY's idref *reveals* - make visible -
> that region, is there then a problem?"
>
> it is not made visible by the additon of the describedby relationship

The question is whether it is made visible when the describedby
relationship is presented to the user. But I suppose that was what you
meant: The presentation of the describedby relationship does make
anything visible. Which is different from what is possible with the
canvas subtree. Right? If so, then I better understand why it is OK to
have links inside <canvas>, but not inside a hidden section.
--
Leif H Silli