RE: Please send agenda items by end-of-day Tuesday

From: Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:31:58 +0000
To: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>, WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Loretta,

Could we discuss some of the issues:

Use of aria-describedby to provide programmatic context for links.

Link to examples:
http://www.oaa-accessibility.org/example/44/

I would like clarification on the use of caption and summary on data tables and if the group had ever considered making any distinctions between "simple" and "complex" data tables.

I would also like to know if table requirements change based on if there is just one data table on a page or more than one data table on a page.

Also it has been suggested in the ARIA working group that "aria-describedby" could be used instead of the summary attribute for data tables and that aria-label/aria-labelledby could be used instead of caption element in data tables.
Is this something the group has discussed or considered?

Jon