W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > July to September 2011

Minutes WCAG 1 September 2011

From: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:45:01 -0400
Message-ID: <4E6FB2BD.80101@w3.org>
To: List WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Minutes of the 1 September WCAG meeting are posted to
http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-minutes and copied below.


  Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference


    01 Sep 2011

Agenda <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2011JulSep/0133.html>

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-irc>


    Attendees

Present
    +1.646.339.aaaa, jongunderson, David_MacDonald, Tim_Boland,
    Michael_Cooper, +1.650.214.aabb, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
    James_Nurthen, +1.727.391.aacc, Marc_Johlic, John_Kirkwood,
    Adam_Solomon, Bruce_Bailey
Regrets
    Kathleen_Wahlbin, Mary_Utt
Chair
    SV_MEETING_CHAIR 
Scribe
    David


    Contents

    * Topics <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-minutes#agenda>
         1. issue 2500Re: HTML Headings technique: duplicated: H42 and
            H69 <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-minutes#item01>
         2. Proposal: Modify F44 - Incorrect Tabindex Values
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-minutes#item02>
         3. HTML5 Technique for SC 2.4.3: Creating Logical Tab Order
            with the Tabindex Attribute
            <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-minutes#item03>
    * Summary of Action Items
      <http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-minutes#ActionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<trackbot> Date: 01 September 2011

scribe, David

<MichaelC> scribe: David

The comment period is completed. We have received 27 comments in total.

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* Loretta to draft wording for techniques intro that
we can't guarantee all UA info current [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-142 - Draft wording for techniques intro that
we can't guarantee all UA info current [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due
2011-09-08].

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* cooper to get added to WCAG FAQ that we can't
guarantee all UA info current [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-143 - Get added to WCAG FAQ that we can't
guarantee all UA info current [on Michael Cooper - due 2011-09-08].


      issue 2500Re: HTML Headings technique: duplicated: H42 and H69

resolution: accepted LC2500 HTML Headings technique: duplicated: H42 and
H69 as amended with updated user agent notes... + loretta to write
general disclaimer about user agent notes

<scribe> *ACTION:* Adam to investigate a technique using dt, dl in the
way recommended in LC 2540 and other ways [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-144 - Investigate a technique using dt, dl in
the way recommended in LC 2540 and other ways [on Adam Solomon - due
2011-09-08].

<MichaelC> action-144?

<trackbot> ACTION-144 -- Adam Solomon to investigate a technique using
dt, dl in the way recommended in LC 2540 and other ways -- due
2011-09-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/144

resolution: accepted response to LC2540 About H40 Definition list usage
as amended


      Proposal: Modify F44 - Incorrect Tabindex Values

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/lists.html#edef-UL

<adam> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2011/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20110621/H48.html

resolution: accepted proposal Modify F44 - Incorrect Tabindex Values as
amended


      HTML5 Technique for SC 2.4.3: Creating Logical Tab Order with the
      Tabindex Attribute

<adam> i was cut off - trying to get back

<jongunderson> http://www.oaa-accessibility.org/example/22/

Resolution: more work to be done on HTML5 Technique for SC 2.4.3:
Creating Logical Tab Order with the Tabindex Attribute... change some
examples... include example where tabindex="0" on form instructions as
per Bruce's example


    Summary of Action Items

*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Adam to investigate a technique using dt, dl in the
way recommended in LC 2540 and other ways [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-irc]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* cooper to get added to WCAG FAQ that we can't
guarantee all UA info current [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-irc]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Loretta to draft wording for techniques intro that we
can't guarantee all UA info current [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-irc]
 
[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
version 1.133 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2011/09/13 19:44:00 $


-- 

Michael Cooper
Web Accessibility Specialist
World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative
E-mail cooper@w3.org <mailto:cooper@w3.org>
Information Page <http://www.w3.org/People/cooper/>
Received on Tuesday, 13 September 2011 19:45:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 13 September 2011 19:45:26 GMT