Re: 1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) - Sufficient Technique for UI Controls

For advisory that is OK

But I would make a note in the technique that it is not always possible to have both the text on controls and the controls both meet the text provision.   The text is key.  The controls do NOT need to be 4.5 to 1

Actually I think I would make the advisory be that the contrast is 3:1.     There is no 'font size' to controls === and you don't need that high a contrast  (4.5) when it is not letters.

Also note that outlining can make things meet guidelines they otherwise could not.

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering